IMPORTANT: If you typically have testing accommodations such as extra time or a small group setting for tests at school, be sure to read the last section on this page.
PSAT Exam 2018
- For JUNIORS, this exam is also the qualifying entrance exam for the National Merit Scholarship Competition
- Students in grades 9, 10 or 11 are strongly encouraged to take this test
- The PSAT exam will ONLY be offered on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 @ WCS beginning at 8:10am.
- Interested students can register for the exam by seeing Ms. Cross-Baker. Each exam is $15.00 and fee waivers are available for eligible Juniors.
- The exam includes 5 timed sections of critical reading, writing and mathematics questions. Complete information on the exam can be found here.
- Results will be sent to Ms. Cross-Baker and shared with students in later December/early January. Parents and Guardians will be invited to attend that information session once scores have arrived.
ACT EXAMS www.actstudent.org
- This exam is one of two common college entrance exams. Scores range from 1 - 36 for a Composite (or Overall) score. Additional subscores are provided for Reading, Writing, ELA, Science, Social Studies, Science and Mathematics. An Essay section is optional but strongly encouraged.
- The ACT exam is NOT offered at Westport Central School. Students may register to take the test at the test center of their choice.
- The ACT Exam Fee is $46.00
- The ACT + Writing (Essay) Exam Fee is $62.50
- Additional Late Fees also apply
- Fee waivers may be available to students who meet the income guidelines (ex. qualify for Free or Reduced Price Lunch, etc.). See Ms. Cross-Baker for additional information.
2018-2019 Test Dates (National) Test Date Registration Deadline (Late Fee Required) September 8, 2018** August 10, 2018 August 11-26, 2018 October 27, 2018 September 28, 2018 September 29-October 14, 2018 December 8, 2018 November 2, 2018 November 3-19, 2018 February 9, 2019* January 11, 2019 January 12-18, 2019 April 13, 2019 March 8, 2019 March 9-25, 2019 June 8, 2019 May 3, 2019 May 4-20, 2019 July 13, 2019* June 14, 2019 June 15-24, 2019
*No test centers are scheduled in New York for the February and July test dates. No test centers are scheduled in California for the July test date.
**See non-Saturday testing for information related to this test date.
SAT Exam www.collegeboard.org
- The SAT I is one of two common college entrance exams. Scores in Critical Reading / Writing and Mathematics are possible and scores will range from 200-800 per section. Additional sub-scores are available in the score report.
- More competitive colleges and universities will also require SAT II scores in their admissions processes. The SAT II or Subject Tests assess student knowledge in one specific content area. More than 15 different SAT II tests are offered.
- A student may take an SAT I exam OR up to any 3 SAT II Subject Tests on any testing date noted below.
- SAT I Exam Fee is $47.50
- SAT I + Writing (Essay) Exam Fee is $64.50
- SAT II Exam Fees range from $48 to $55 per subject
SAT Date Registration Deadline Late Registration Deadline Deadline for Changes Aug 25, 2018 July 27, 2018
August 7, 2018 (by mail)
August 15, 2018 (online/phone)
Aug 15, 2018 Oct 6, 2018 Sept 7, 2018
September 18, 2018 (by mail)
September 26, 2018 (online/phone)
Sept 26, 2018 Nov 3, 2018 Oct 5, 2018
October 16, 2018 (by mail)
October 24, 2018 (online/phone)
Oct 24, 2018 Dec 1, 2018 Nov 2, 2018
November 13, 2018 (by mail)
November 20, 2018 (online/phone)
Nov 20, 2018 Mar 9, 2019 Feb 8, 2019
February 19, 2019 (by mail)
February 27, 2019 (online/phone)
Feb 27, 2019 May 4, 2019 Apr 5, 2019
April 16, 2019 (by mail)
April 24, 2019 (online/phone)
Apr 24, 2019 June 1, 2019 May 3, 2019
May 14, 2019 (by mail)
May 22, 2019 (online/phone)
May 22, 2019
*The late registration deadline is one week earlier if you are registering by mail
If you are a student who normally has testing accommodations such as extra time on tests, a small group location, tests read or more, then it is VERY IMPORTANT that you understand school testing accommodations DO NOT automatically carry over to the tests listed above.
These national exams have strict regulations about how the tests are to be administered. In order for school staff or a testing center to offer you school testing accommodations we must ask these testing agencies IN ADVANCE. This process can take 8 or more weeks for a request to be evaluated so it is very important to plan ahead for this process.
Please note, many Westport students have had their accommodations approved by these testing agencies but there is no guarantee. Each request is handled on a case-by-case review.
For the PSAT or the SAT exam, this request must be sent to the College Board.
For the ACT exam, this request must be sent to the ACT Testing Program.
Please see Ms. Cross-Baker as soon as possible to start this process - even if it is months until you will take any of these tests. Both student and parent/guardian signatures will be required. She will guide you throug every step of this important process.