Parent Resources for Alcohol, Tobacco, & other Drug Prevention
IT’S A FACT: Even in the teen years parents have a huge impact on their children’s behavior, including their teen’s choices about using alcohol and other drugs.
Below are a few resources for Parents and Youth on Healthy Parenting and Healthy Choices with Information About Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- National Inhalant Prevention Coalition. This site has detailed information for parents on prevention inhalant abuse as well as links to other sites.
- Parents. The Anti-Drug. This is an excellent resource for parents with information on all drugs including alcohol.
- This site has a booklet which is excellent for parenting older teens:” Navigating the Teen Years: A Parent’s Handbook for Raising Healthy Teens”. It can be downloaded at:
- Make a Difference. Talk to Your Child About Alcohol. This is an excellent booklet for parents with children in late elementary and middle school that can be downloaded on the Internet.
- The Cool Spot: Info on Alcohol and Resisting Peer Pressure. This site appeals to late elementary or early middle school youth.
- Above the Influence. This is a very hip and creative site for late middle school and high school youth.